Welcome to Washington State Investigators
My name is Wolfgang Grasst founder and principal investigator at Washington State Investigators. We are a private investigation agency dedicated to supporting individuals and businesses with an affordable means to the information, and investigative services they require.
In 2004, I was contracted as a specialist to perform computer surveillance “monitoring” using specialized software. This software would allow me to remotely collect data about the activities performed on the computer in question. I provided services for fraud, identity theft, and online harassment investigations assisting attorneys and private investigators with their cases.
In 2007, I was co-founder and managing investigator at Eye Spy, Inc. a technology based private investigation firm where I continued assisting with internet crimes, civil and criminal investigations, performing counter surveillance services (bugs sweeps, etc.), and specializing in child custody, workers compensation fraud , assisting attorneys with personal injury cases, data research, performing hidden asset services, infidelity, person locates, and covert video surveillance.
In 2010, I took an opportunity to earn two Associate of Applied Science degrees in Information Technology Networking and Security. This allowed me to include services to advise clients about network and security best practices, and to educate employees about BYOD (bring your own device), social media and social engineering. With the desire to keep my skill set sharp, I continually enroll in online classes to stay current with technology as related to security. For many of us, technology is a normal part of our daily lives. Having technical knowledge about the world of IT including the “Internet of Things” will only benefit clients by allowing us to offer advice to better protect and secure their computers, networks, online activities, provide identity theft awareness, and better understand social engineering.
In 2013, I founded Washington State Investigators and the principal investigator. Currently, I’m growing and expanding Washington State Investigators and have partnered with a Cyber Security Intelligence and Operations Specialist to provide technology and cyber security based services. These services will include Cryptocurrency Scams and Fraud investigations, and recovery. Cyber Harassment investigations, online OSINT Scrubbing services, Dark Web searches, Penetration Testing, Network Monitoring, and online data research.
Our Approach To Investigations
We leave no stone unturned when we take you on as a client. We understand each client presents us with unique situations, and no two cases are the same. Integrating skill sets in photography, Information Technology, Cyber Security Intelligence and Operations, and Private Investigation, we can provide our clients with specialized services and solutions resulting in high quality investigations producing the best possible outcomes. It is often the case with private investigation services that more than one area of expertise is required. The professionals at Washington State Investigators are well-versed in many specialized areas of investigation, providing a diverse background of experience and knowledge for our clients. This gives us an edge when dealing with complex civil and criminal investigations.
- 1980-1986 – Member of Untied States Navy, “Fighting Sea-bees” Construction Battalion (CE-E4).
- 2003-2005 – Owner/operator of a working photography studio in Seattle, Washington.
- 2004-2006 – Sub-contracted by private investigators to monitor the activities of client computers which led to greater involvement with online fraud and identity theft investigations.
- 2007-2010 – Co-founder and primary investigator of Eye Spy, Inc. a technology based private investigation firm.
- 2012-2015 – Founder of Network and Security Services (Parent company to Washington State Investigators).
- 2013-2022 – Founder and Principal Investigator @ Washington State Investigators, a private investigation agency.
- Associate in Applied Science degrees – IT Networking and IT Security.
- Hapkido Black Belt – Kwon Moo Hapkido Federation – Grand Master Chae Un Kim
- Covert and Counter Surveillance experience.
- Freelance Photographer/Video
- Washington State Investigators – Principal
- CompTIA Security +
- CIW Web Design Specialist
- Cyber Security Intelligence and Operations Specialist – Cyber Security Services Partnership
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCF) Offensive Security
- Kali Linux Certified Professional (KLCP) Offensive Security
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) EC-Council
- Certified Blockchain Expert (CBE) Blockchain Council
- CSX Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate (CSXF) ISACA
Information Technology, Cyber Security and Private Investigation
We believe that the combination of Information Technology, Cyber Security and Private Investigation allow us to provide our clients the best opportunity to produce quality results during our investigations. Everyday, advances in technology change how we communicate, socialize, travel and work. Providing Private Investigations and Cyber Security Services is more important now than ever before. Having skill sets in Private Investigation, Information Technology, and Cyber Security allow us to provide our clients with specialized investigation services, and provide solutions that get results. If you have questions about any of the services listed above and or a need for assistance, we invite you to call Washington State Investigators.